Are you preparing for any Job Interview and you are looking for where to get or know the possible Job Interview Questions?
You don’t need to worry because you are in the right place.
Of course, you must have prepared, made some research, and get to know more about the company or the job.
But then, one of the best ways to prove yourself is to know and practice some common Job interview questions and their answers.
Today, I will share with you the Best 50 Most Common Job Interview Questions and how to answer them.
Follow me, let’s see them.
50 Most Common Job Interview Questions and Answers
Here is the most comprehensive list of Interview questions and answers we have gathered for candidates seeking jobs.
- Tell me a little about yourself?
This is mostly the number one question usually asked and the most popular interview question
To answer this, tell them your name, and your accomplishment so far.
Also, tell them about any of your work or project that relates to the job position you are seeking for.
2. Why do you want to work for this company?
This is also one of the popular interview questions, you can answer by telling them what you know about the company and how to move the company forward.
Tell them how you want to contribute and bring about growth in the vision of the company.
3. Do you consider yourself successful?
Here, just quickly answer by summarizing your career goals and don’t say much or make it sound personal.
4. Are you willing to travel?
Answer by saying; Yes, I love to travel, and moving around to a new environment and meeting new people would be a nice experience for me.
5. What are your salary expectations?
Answer: I am more focused and want to learn about the job position and its requirements, so I haven’t thought much about it.
6. What would you consider your greatest strengths & weakness?
Tell them about your strength mostly and your efforts to overcome your weakness and fix it.
Hence, research more about the job position and know where to apply your strength and how to adjust it with your weakness.
7. What motivates you?
Here, you just have to be honest and tell them what motivates you at most first like (Job satisfaction, teamwork, skill development), etc.
While in the end, you can add that Money is your motivational factor but this should be your last option.
8. Tell me about your dream job.
My dream job is to get a job that would always keep me busy and seeing myself contributing to the growth of the company.
9. Why did you leave your last job?
I left my former job because I want to gain much wider experience and a greater opportunity to work and serve.
10. What experience do you have in this field?
Name or mention some of your remarkable experiences or systems you had created in the past that help you to work effectively in the field.
11. What do co-workers say about you?
Name or mention how your co-workers feel or say more about you at the company towards a specific task, like positive words.
12. Why should we hire you?
Here, you emphasize your uniqueness, strength, skills, and accomplishments but keep them concise.
Also tell them about your contribution to the success and growth of your previous company, as well let them know you are a quick learner.
13. Are you a team player?
Yes, I am a team player and can work effectively together with a team aside working independently.
14. What is your philosophy towards work?
Answer: My only philosophy about work is that every work assigned to do must be done right on time.
15. What have you learned from mistakes on the job?
Tell them about your mistakes so far on your previous job, and how you make them right from then till now.
16. Describe your management style.
Tell them how flexible and standard ways to manage and execute your works when given the job.
17. How would you know you were successful on this job?
No limit or measure for success, setting up a new record standard is a success and also being able to exceed those standards wherever possible also means successful.
18. Are you willing to work overtime? Prepare for night shift and work on Weekends?
Answer: I understand that working overtime comes with a reason, so I’m okay with it and willing to work overtime happily.
19. What will you do if you don’t get this position?
Answer: Hopefully I believe I will be hired. Perhaps if it doesn’t work out, then I will move on and search for another job.
20. What have you done to improve your knowledge in the last year?
Answer: Last year, I have attended some seminars on self-improvements, skills development, and also participated in training workshops related to my field.
21. How would you be an asset to this company?
I can be an asset to the company with my outstanding major skills to the job position and as well as work under no or minimal supervision.
22. How long would you expect to work for us in case you are hired?
I am willing to work for this company for a long time.
23. Describe your ability to work under pressure.
I understand the nature of this job position along with the pressure on it. Hence, being under pressure doesn’t discourage me but motivates me more.
24. Tell me about a problem you had with a supervisor.
No, I’m sorry I never had any problem with a supervisor.
25. Why do you think you would do well at this job?
I love this job and feel very confident in myself in delivering quality output with my ability and skills along with my experiences.
26. What irritates you about co-workers?
I am an open-minded person and get along with my co-workers easily.
27. Do your skills match this job or another job more closely?
With my skills, I feel they match this job to the best.
28. What has disappointed you about work?
One disappointment I had was feeling I wasn’t given enough work challenges so I felt a bit disappointed because I was hoping for more.
29. If you were hiring a manager for this job, what would you look for?
I would look out for the ability to do the job right and proper attitude towards the job.
30. What role do you tend to play in a team?
While working with a team, I tend to be more versatile, flexible, open-minded, and being a better team player.
As well, I can act on any given role with the main goal of ensuring the success of the company with my teamwork.
31. What was the most difficult decision for you made?
The most difficult decision I made was acting as a mediator between our supervisor and employees over a protest about some issues in the company and it all ended well.
32. Are you willing to make sacrifices for this company?
Yes, I am willing to sacrifice and do the best of my ability to carry out my job in the company.
33. What are the qualities do you look for in a boss?
I look out for a boss with a flexible relationship, a sense of humor, and can make firm decisions.
34. Are you applying to other companies as well?
Yes. I have submitted my applications to some other companies, but I’m most hopeful that I will be able to secure a job in this company.
35. Do you know anyone who works in our company?
No. I came across the job ads on a job posting website.
36. How do you propose to compensate for your lack of experience?
I am a fast learner and I can study and learn new standards at the soonest time.
37. Have you ever worked in a job that you hated?
Not exactly hated, but I took the job as an opportunity to learn something new and as well add to my experience.
38. What would your previous supervisor say your best point is?
My best or some of my strongest points at work includes Fast learner, Patient, and Hardworking.
39. What is the most challenging thing about working with you?
No serious challenge yet, but I’m a serious-minded person towards my work and hence I try to cooperate and blend with my co-workers.
40. What suggestion/s have you made in your previous employment that was implemented?
I once suggested that the company and staff should regulate the meeting time to more regular meetings than quarterly meetings and it was implemented.
41. Would you rather be liked or feared?
I would like to be liked by everybody and more importantly be respected by all.
42. How do you cope with stress?
Whenever I’m stressed out, I pause and took a few minutes or time off, relax, and get charged again. Hence I can manage stress enough and it does not decrease my productivity.
43. Would you rather work for money or job satisfaction?
Job satisfaction is more important to me as such makes me stay productive and easy-going, then money would come along naturally.
44. Describe your work Policy ethics.
My best policy ethics is to give in your best in every job anytime, any day.
45. What was your biggest challenge with your previous boss?
My biggest challenge with my previous boss was his strictness towards deadlines and outputs. That made me meet every expectation he made on time.
It was a very good experience for me and such made me better at what I do.
46. Do you enjoy working as part of a team?
Yes, I like teamwork and I enjoy it very much.
47. Why do you think you deserve this job?
I believe I deserve this job because my talents and skills will be a great contribution to your company.
48. Has anything ever irritated you about people you’ve worked with?
I try as possible to stay positive and transparent with my co-workers and the people around me.
49. What is the name of our CEO?
Here, you just tell them the name of the company’s CEO.
50. Do you have any questions for me?
I would like to know more details about the position I am applying for and the next step for me from now.
So, these are all the most common Job Interview questions to expect in any Interview.
Try to know them and get yourself prepared and ready for that Job.